Terms and Conditions
Kokoda Youth Foundation Terms and Conditions of Entry
Conditions mean these terms and conditions of entry for the event.
Registration Form means the website registration form which requires detail to be provided for participation in an event.
Event Organiser means Kokoda Youth Foundation; a registered not for profit organisation ABN: 39 367 906 920.
Registration Fee means the cost of team entry into the event set out in the entry form.
Participant means the person/persons who will be participating in the named event on the entry form.
KYF means Kokoda Youth Foundation.
KCYP means Kokoda Challenge Youth Program.
TEAM means each and all individual members of said team
Agent means officials, employees, volunteers, affiliations, sponsors and medical staff who are involved in managing/staging/operating of the event and associated events/activities.
Fundraising all money which has been raised and donated towards the Kokoda Youth Foundation
- The participant acknowledges that participation in the event is a physically strenuous activity. It is acknowledged that participation in the event is physically demanding and I am aware of the nature of the event and associated medical and physical risk involved. I am physically capable of competing in the event and agree that the KYF and its agents are not responsible for any injury or illness that I may suffer as a result of my participation in the event.
- The team agrees to abide by the KYF rules and regulations. The participant shall not be entitled to a refund of their registration fees and donations if they are disqualified from the event as a result of an infringement of these conditions. Such event rules including limits on the time taken to complete the event that may be initiated by the Event Organiser at its discretion to ensure the safe and proper running of the event. These rules and regulations may be obtained by clicking here.
- The participant must register their team as directed by the Event Organiser. It is the participants responsibility to provide their own first aid supplies throughout the event as well as providing their own hygiene kit including:
- Environmentally friendly toilet paper
- Hand sanitizer
- While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the event the participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is their responsibility.
- All team members must be aged 18 or above unless prior approval is given by the event organisers and the appropriate acknowledgement, waiver and release forms must be signed.
- All team members agree to have signed a waiver form to be submitted at event registration as directed by the Event Organiser, Failure to do so could result in team cancellation
- Ensuring that your T-shirt size is submitted online by the correct date (failure to submit T-shirt size will result in the team member receiving a generic size if available on the day).
- The team leader is agreeing on behalf of all members in the team to abide by these terms and conditions of entry, as well as ensuring that the minimum fundraising is met by the due date. All funds raised under the name of Kokoda Youth Foundation, it's events and youth programs must be donated to the KYF by the final fundraising submission date.
Payments and Bookings
- To successfully register for an event, the participant must complete the online registration form and pay the registration fee.
- School teams only may elect to receive an invoice and pay full team registration within 7 days from when invoice is received.
- The team shall not be eligible to compete in the event until the minimum fundraising has been received by due date. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Event Organiser has received cleared funds.
- All registration fees and fundraising are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Withdrawals, Cancellations and Alterations
- If a team member withdraws from a team the KYF must be notified via email with information of the withdrawing team member and the replacing member. If the team member change is after the T-shirt sizing due date, no amendments or additional shirts will be issued, with the new team member also needing to sign a waiver form.
- If a full team cancellation is required, the team forfeits their registration fee and also any funds raised towards the KYF.
- Notice of team withdrawal from the event must be communicated in writing via email to the Event Organiser. Withdrawals will not be accepted by telephone.
- The Event organiser reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a team place in the event for any reason and at any time deemed appropriate; injury, minimum fundraising not met, breach of event rules & regulations, and in such circumstances the team will not be offered a refund of their registration fee.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to amend and or cancel the event; however the KYF will only exercise these rights due to circumstances beyond its control ( eg. weather conditions), with all teams being notified as soon as possible.
Publicity & Results
- The participant irrevocably consents to their appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded and incorporated in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and in all media and formats now or invented after the date of these conditions.
- The participant irrevocably consents to the use and reproduction of the participants name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event and/or the portion of the event and the commercial rights relating to the Event provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the participant of any official sponsor or suppliers of the event.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to vary these conditions by giving notice to the participant in writing in any official Event material or correspondence prior to the Event.
- The Event Organiser will do their upmost to provide an event finish time for the participant online within 48 hrs of the event completion; however they cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies.
- All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents are considered final.