Terms and Conditions
Kokoda Youth Foundation Terms and Conditions of Entry
Conditions mean these terms and conditions of entry for the event.
Registration Form means the website registration form which requires detail to be provided for participation in an event.
Event Organiser/Kokoda Challenge Events means Kokoda Youth Foundation; a registered not for profit organisation ABN: 39 367 906 920.
Registration Fee means the cost of team entry into the event set out in the entry form.
Participant means the person/persons who will be participating in the named event on the entry form.
KYF means Kokoda Youth Foundation.
TEAM means each and all individual members of said team
Agent means officials, employees, volunteers, affiliations, sponsors and medical staff who are involved in managing/staging/operating of the event and associated events/activities.
Fundraising all money which has been raised and donated towards the Kokoda Youth Foundation
- The participant acknowledges that participation in the event is a physically strenuous activity. It is acknowledged that participation in the event is physically demanding and I am aware of the nature of the event and associated medical and physical risk involved. I am physically capable of competing in the event and agree that the Kokoda Youth Foundation and its agents are not responsible for any injury or illness that I may suffer because of my participation in the event.
- The team agrees to abide by the Kokoda Challenge Events rules and regulations. The participants team are not entitled to a refund of their registration fees and donations if they are disqualified from the event because of an infringement of these conditions. Such event rules including limits on the time taken to complete the event that may be initiated by the Kokoda Challenge Events at its discretion to ensure the safe and proper running of the event. These rules and regulations are obtained on Kokoda Challenge Events & Kokoda Youth Foundation Website
- The participant must register their team as directed by Kokoda Challenge Events. It is the participants responsibility to equip themselves with the compulsory equipment lists. This includes first aid & a hygiene kit.
- While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the event the participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is their own responsibility.
- All team members must be aware of the minimum age recommendations for the registered event. These are listed within the Kokoda Challenge Rules.
- All team members agree to have signed a waiver form, which is to be submitted at event registration as directed by Kokoda Challenge Events. Failure to do produce this documentation will result in non-collection of the event kit and a team cancellation.
- Ensuring that your T-shirt size is submitted online by the correct date (failure to submit T-shirt size will result in the team member receiving a generic size if available on the day).
- The team leader is agreeing on behalf of all members in the team to abide by these terms and conditions of entry, as well as ensuring that the minimum fundraising is met by the due date. All funds raised under the name of Kokoda Youth Foundation, it's events and youth programs must be donated to the Kokoda Youth Foundation by the final fundraising submission date.
- Failure to meet this submission date will result in direct team cancellations from the event. Any registration payments or donations will also be forfeited.
Payments and Bookings
- To successfully register for an event, the participant must complete the online registration form and pay the registration fee.
- School teams only may elect to receive an invoice and pay full team registration within 14 days from day of registration.
- The team shall not be eligible to compete in the event until the minimum fundraising has been received by submission date. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until Kokoda Challenge Events have received cleared funds.
- All registration fees and fundraising are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Withdrawals, Cancellations and Alterations
- If a team member withdraws from a team the KYF must be notified via email with information of the withdrawing team member and the replacing member. If the team member change is after the T-shirt sizing due date, no amendments or additional shirts will be issued, with the new team member also needing to sign a waiver form.
- If a full team cancellation is required, the team forfeits their registration fee and any funds raised towards the Kokoda Youth Foundation.
- Notice of team withdrawal from the event must be communicated in writing via email to the Kokoda Challenge Events – email@example.com. Withdrawals will not be accepted by telephone.
- If a team has not minimum fundraised by the final submission date and has not communicated to Kokoda Challenge Events regarding this at firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams will automatically be withdrawn from event
- The Event organiser reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a team place in the event for any reason and at any time deemed appropriate; injury, minimum fundraising not met, breach of event rules & regulations, and in such circumstances the team will not be offered a refund of their registration fee or donations.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to amend and or cancel the event; however, the Kokoda Youth Foundation will only exercise this rights due to circumstances beyond its control (eg. weather conditions), with all teams being notified as soon as possible.
Publicity & Results
- The participant irrevocably consents to their appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded and incorporated in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature and in all media and formats now or invented after the date of these conditions.
- The participant irrevocably consents to the use and reproduction of the participants name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings and in all media for advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event and/or the portion of the event and the commercial rights relating to the Event provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the participant of any official sponsor or suppliers of the event.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to vary these conditions by giving notice to the participant in writing in any official Event material or correspondence prior to the Event.
- The Event Organiser will do their upmost to provide an event finish time for the participant online within 48 hrs of the event completion; however, they cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies.
- All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents are considered final.