Step by step fundraising
Planning your fundraising is the key to your success, so we have put together a guide to help you plan out your fundraising campaign.
The golden rule of fundraising is to share your journey and story with people and ask them to support you.
- Set up your team page
- Spread the word
- Keep people informed
- Raise your target
- Apply for match funding
- Thank your supporters
- Decide on a team fundraising target
- Set a fundraising goal/target for each team member
- Brainstorm fundraising ideas
- Develop a schedule for your fundraising
Set up your team page
- It’s your own personal webpage
- Upload a team photo
- Write a blog about who you are and why you are doing this
- Once you are all set up spread the word and promote your journey
- Post photos of training and events coming up
- Use the social icons to share what you are doing
- Email your page to your network to keep them up to date and ask them to save your page as a favorite
We have a library of online resources that you can download to help you achieve your fundraising target.
Online resources include
- Fundraising email template
- Email banner (96km Kokoda Challenge please support me)
- The difference you make
- Facebook Banner (personal page - 96km)
- Facebook Banner (personal page Brisbane 30km)
- Fundraising poster 1
- Kokoda Challenge Youth Program video
- Wine drive
Fundraising resources to borrow or order from Kokoda Youth Foundation - please email info@kokodachallenge to inquire about booking these.
- Spyder Banners
- Banners for stalls
- Shaking tins
- Receipt books
GET IN CONTACT WITH YOUR LOCAL MEDIA
Local media can help you when you are about to have a fundraising event and support you within your local community and in the lead up to your challenge.
REQUEST A LETTER OF AUTHORITY TO FUNDRAISE
As a Kokoda Challenge participant you have been granted the authority to fundraise on behalf of the Kokoda Youth Foundation. Every now and then you will be might be asked to provide a letter from Kokoda Youth Foundation Inc. to confirm this you can contact us at email@example.com or give us a call in the office on 07 55394141.
GET TO KNOW US
An important part of raising money is to be aware of what you are actually raising money for. The Kokoda Youth Foundation website is a perfect place to find out exactly why we do what we do and how we do it. It is always great to be armed with information and the answers yourself when your donors ask them.
Spread the WORD
Once you are all set up remember to share your unique team url and spread the word about the challenge and the way you are supporting young Australians.
- FUNraising with events
- Social media
- Local media
- Posters, brochures and flyers
- Engage local businesses
Keep People informed
It is really important to keep people up to date with how you are going; training, goals met, challenges achieved, fundraising targets smashed, etc. You can do this by a few simple methods however you must choose something that suits you and fits into your life. Opportunities can include updating a blog page, posting to a facebook team page, group emails, twitter posts, facebook posts, articles on linkedIn, share photos on Instagram and use your team name and hashtag Kokoda Challenge in all posts.
The more people you keep informed the more people you will inspire by your journey so keep them involved with you.
Keep it personal and make each post, email, blog your words. People want to hear from you and want to hear your success on your journey.