Board Of Management
KOKODA youth foundation
Kokoda Youth Foundation is a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI). General foundation meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month for members and invited guests.
To join Kokoda Youth Foundation, you must be nominated by one current foundation member and ratified at a general foundation meeting. If you're interested in joining Kokoda Youth Foundation, please contact us to receive an application for nomination form.
Kokoda Youth Foundation's board of management meets quarterly to ensure all activities and future developments are in line with the foundation's constitution and mission statement.
To view our 2014 Annual Report, please click here
BOARD OF MANAGEMENT
Chairman & FOUNDER - Doug Henderson OAM
Doug is a Vietnam Veteran who served as a medic with 6th Battalion RAR in 1966-67. He was seriously wounded in service and medically discharged from the army due to the injuries he sustained. He went on to own and operate a successful insurance assessing company and Express Courier business in Sydney before retiring to the Gold Coast in 1994.
Doug has served on the Australian government’s National Suicide Prevention Committee and Department of Veterans Affairs' National Operations Working Party. In 2004, he resigned from his 10 year tenure as a Veterans' Advocate to pursue his interest in Kokoda and supporting young Australians as founder of Kokoda Youth Foundation.
- Founder and executive chairman, Kokoda Youth Foundation since 2004
- Member of ex-service community
- National vice-president, Vietnam Veterans' Federation of Australia, 2000-2002
- President, Queensland Branch, 1999-2002
- Welfare officer, New South Wales branch, 1994-1995
- Member, National Operations Working Party, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, 2000-2004
- Member, National Suicide Prevention Committee, federal government
- Member, National Alcohol Management Forum
- Member, Southern Queensland Regional Consultative Forum, Vietnam Veterans’ Counselling Service
- Welfare officer, Returned Services League of Australia, Nerang sub-branch
- Chair, Queensland Ex-Service Round Table Conference, 18 months
- Member, Queensland Veterans’ Consultative Forum
Member of the Order of Australia - Australia Day, 2013
Gold Coast Volunteer of the Year, 2012
GCCC Community Service Award, 2011
Director - Anna Henderson
Anna Henderson has been by Doug's side since day one - not only as his partner but also as the backbone of Kokoda Youth Foundation. She was a leader in the first two years of the Kokoda Challenge Youth Program and helped mentor and lead the first group of 'Kokoda Kids' through their personal journey.Over the years, she has helped support KYF and continues to be a great support and mentor for all young people involved in the KCYP.