JUST COMPLETED - THE 2013 KOKODA CHALLENGE ON THE 12 & 13 JULY. cLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL RESULTS AND TIMES
CELEBRATING OUR 10TH ANNIVERSARY IN 2014 - The 2nd round REGISTRATIONS WILL OPEN AT 6.00AM (QLD TIME) ON THE 29th january, 2014
The 2014 Kokoda Challenge will be held on the weekend of the 19th & 20th of July
To register successfully, you will need:
- Contact and personal details for at least of two of your team members.
The Challenge is a team event and you must participate as a team of four. It is not a relay.
- Your payment details
- Registration fees are $440.00* per team and is payable on registration (*inc GST). The Registration fee is non refundable.
- A further $1500.00 in fundraising is required. In 2013, the average team raised $2,300.00 in support of the Kokoda Challenge Youth Program so the mandatory contribution should be a walk in the park (pun intended)
- Please click HERE to view the new registration procedure and a step by step guide to ensure you are ready to go first thing in the morning!
About the Challenge
- The course is 96km with 14 major checkpoints
- Your Support Crew will give you food, water and much needed encouragement at the four major checkpoints
- The remaining checkpoints are staffed by Kokoda Challenge officials
- The course starts at 7am at Firth Park in Mudgeeraba, and follows selected fire trails and paths through the Gold Coast Hinterland including areas of Austinville, Springbrook, Numinbah Valley, Beechmont and Clagiraba to the finish line at the Nerang Velodrome.
- To to view the course map please click here
- 96km is the actual distance of the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea
- There is a 39 hour time limit in honour of the 39th Militia, the first Australian troops to step foot on the Kokoda Track
- For more tips or handy information please check out our FAQ section
- Before participating in the event, you will need to complete a waiver form (to be found under the competitors area)
- Minimum fundraising quota of $1500/team ($600/Stan Bisset Cup team and $300/Jim Stillman Cup team) must be received by Kokoda Youth Foundation by the deadline for teams to be eligible to start the challenge
What to get excited about
- Raising money for The Kokoda Challenge Youth Program! Your contribution is helping young people to gain confidence, direction, life skills, new friends and the knowledge that anything is possible
- There are some great prizes up for grabs including a trip for four to Papua New Guinea to walk the actual Kokoda Track
- Friends, family and colleagues becoming involved - sharing your journey through your team page and tracking your progress in real time on Virtual Spectator throughout the weekend of the event
- The walk itself! By participating you become part of an ongoing and permanent legacy to the Australian diggers
- The enjoyment of fundraising - there are some great ways to raise money for a good cause
Click to view previous Videos and Photos of The Kokoda Challenge.
If you have questions about training, parking, support crew, event rules and all the nitty gritty, we’ve probably answered them here in our FAQ's.
Any other tricky questions can be posted in Challenge Chat and one of our team will respond. It is also a great forum to talk with other walkers. Alternatively, you can also join our new Facebook page by clicking here!
Or, you can always call us on 07 5539 4141 or drop by our office between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.